Frequently Asked Questions
Before you contact us, check out the most frequently asked questions here:
- How do I check prices, availability and make a booking at LimeTime?
- Our booking system will provide all the information you need on it. Fill up the dates you’re planning on staying with us and go thru the process. Before you book, you’ll see the rooms we have available and the prices for those dates. Then you can continue with the booking process. We will receive your booking request and will confirm as soon as possible. You should know that we need to double check the availability to confirm the booking. The room selected could not be available. If that’s the case we will contact you about options for your request. Do not call us or email about this, as our receptionists don’t deal with bookings.
- Is there an age restriction?
- You must be older than 18 years of age to stay with us. Kids, even accompanied by their relatives, will not be accepted as guests.
- What are reception hours? Can I arrive any time?
- Our receptionist work from 7am until 11pm, everyday. We do have a night person thou for after hours that can let you in after our reception is closed. Altough, it’s a good idea to let us know if you’re going to be late. If you want to go party at night (which we highly recommend) you can come back any time as there’s no curfew or lockout.
- I need to make changes to my booking, how do I do that?
- First and foremost, do not call us about your booking. We don’t deal with bookings over the phone. If you booked thru our website, just reply to the email you received with your confirmation and tell us what exactly you need to change and we will do our best to accommodate your needs. If you booked thru an online partner (Hostelworld, Hostelbookers or Booking.com) our email address is on your confirmation email. Write us then. It’s also a good idea to forward your confirmation email to make things faster.
- What are the check-in and check-out times? Can I check in early and/or check out late?
- Check in starts at 1pm. If you arrive before that, you can chill at our big couch at reception, use the kitchen and the bathrooms. If we have your room ready before that time we can let you in there, but no promises. Check out is until 11am. That means you’ll need to free up your bed by that time. You can still hang out at the hostel until your actual depart time and even leave your stuff with us so you can enjoy the rest of the day. But, if you fail to leave the room by that time or if you want to stay in bed a little longer, we will charge a late check out fee.
- The bathrooms are shared or private?
- Only our Girls dorm and one of the private rooms have ensuite bathrooms. We have 4 other bathroom facilities (2 on each floor) for the other rooms. The cool thing is that toilets, showers and sinks are separated, so there is not waiting to brush your teeth while someone is taking a long shower.
- Can you pick me up at the airport/bus station and/or take me there?
- We sure can. When you make your booking please select a pick up service. The prices are for up to three people in one car. If more than three people, there will be an additional charge. Please write down all your flight details in the Message field during the booking process. That means airline, airport (GIG or SDU), flight number, time and the city you’re arriving from. We will be there on time holding a sign with your name. If you can’t find us please give us a call before taking another cab here. Go to a public phone and dial (9090) 98196-8398. If you have a Brazilian number you can also call from your phone. This is a collect call, so you don’t need coins or a phone card to call. You’ll hear a short tune before you can speak to us, so stay on the line.
- Do you offer sheets, towels, padlocks, internet and/or parking?
- Sheets are included at no extra cost. Padlocks and towels are available for rental (R$ 5 per item, for the duration of your stay). Bring your own and save money. Free WiFi is available, but we turn it off for one hour every night so people socialize. There’s no parking space at the hostel. You can park for free on the street, but it’s hard to find a spot. It’s easier at night. There’s a parking garage around the corner at Rua Sao Clemente.
- Can I work at the hostel?
- There’s always a chance. Just send us an email to jobs [@] limetimehostels dot com and tell us what you’re looking for. We hire foreigners for bar and reception position in exchange for board. Brazilian laws don’t allow us pay foreigners without a working visa. So if you’re looking for a month or two work exchange in Brazil, let us know.
- My question was not answered here, so how do I get in touch?
- Check the rest of the website for additional information, such as our location and how to get here, what kind of accommodation and activities we provide, payment methods and more. Otherwise, email us at rio [@] limetimehostels dot com and let us know how we can help you. You can also contact us via chat or voice on Skype by adding limetimerio to your contacts. If you need to call us our number is +55 21 98196-8398, but reception can’t help you much over the phone. Always prefer emails.